Wednesday, September 30, 2009

WOW

Went to WOW (World of Wearable Arts), last night. I went to the first one they had here in Wellington after they moved it from Nelson and it was okay... not amazing, but last nights one shows just how much they have stepped it up a notch or two. The designs were great but the themes, dancers and acts inbetween were something all on their own -wasn't quite expecting the Topp twins to make a couple of appearances but they got the crowd going inbetween stage changes. I'd have to say my favourite part was the UV section -there were some amazing and beautiful pieces but the UV and Open sections were the winners for me.

Above: American Dream by Sarah Thomas (Winner of WETA design award) one of my favs from the show.

Firebird, Susan Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment