Friday, September 11, 2009

Julia Rothman

Stumbled into Design Sponge yesterday and came across an old tutorial entry by Julia Rothman on how to do hand made pattern repeats, this was fairly familar as it's the way we were taught at uni and is a pretty basic concept, it is in my opinion one of the best ways to create a repeating pattern tile -yet reading all the comments left by others I was astounded to see how many people didn't know the technique and all use their computer instead!
Okay granted I spent 4 years doing those patterns at Uni the majority of which were done by hand and photocopier... I'm pretty much a beginner when it comes to creating them straight in design software such as Illustrator and photoshop. I know the basics but it would be great to learn some more! so thanks to Julia's entry I discovered the Live Trace tool in illustrator I never knew exsisted and it makes thing soooooo much easier and quicker!

No comments:

Post a Comment