Saturday, September 5, 2009

Vintage Books

Went to the annual city bookfair today and headed straight for the kids table finding several amazing vintage books with adorable illustrations. I have a large collection of these and have slowly been collecting a series of traditional tales illustrated by Maraja from the 1950's -there are quite a few of these and everytime I go to a bookfair I always manage to find another, so far I have four -very exciting today as I found another. (please excuse the fuzzy pics!)


I really like the style of drawing from these books from the 1970's, the first I found today and the second I got from a previous bookfair.



This I think is my favourite find of the day, a beautifully illustrated book of flower faries drawn by Janet Laura Scott, the images are so delicate with thin pen lines and watercolour fill.




Also came across a great little book called 'Sarah's Room' which is illustrated by Maurice Sendak -who illustrated 'Where the Wild Things Are.'

No comments:

Post a Comment