Tuesday, September 15, 2009


So my house is having some renovations done on the outside and I came home yesterday to find half the boards around the bottom of the house torn away by the builder so you can see directly under the house, it's an old style villa/ town house raised off the ground about 100 years old.
It's amazing the amount of junk and treasures hidden under there!

Now you see I'm quite scared of spiders and creepy crawlies but if I wasn't I'd be under there in a shot! so far on the outskirts -spider free -I've discovered a set of brightly coloured icecream bowls, a white oven proof dish -1960's Anchor Hocking piece (yes I googled, hey it could have been worth a pretty penny or two... it's not in case you were wondering), a white teacup, a metal teapot, loads of coathangers? some magazines dated 1960's mixed with 1980's, a coke can with the teardrop mouth hole -unsure how old but still pretty cool! There are a lot of pipes, planks of wood, pieces of metal etc under there but I would love to get in amongst it all! I'm sure there is more to be discovered!

No comments:

Post a Comment