Sunday, May 15, 2011

E X C I T I N G!



Had the best day today! Back track to Tuesday when I picked up my trusty copy of Stylist, flipped through a few pages and came across a mention of Joel & Sons Fabric store on Church St in Marylebone. Joel & Sons is an amazing couture fabric supplier and supplies fabric for the queen!

I've been dying to see a massive fabric store in action and decided today was the day so I missioned my way to Joel & Sons this afternoon (after a trip to Kew Gardens -my I have been busy!), and lost myself in the rows of gorgeous fabrics for every occassion. After wondering around (taking sneaky photos...), I hear a 'Can I help you miss?' and I cringe thinking oh no he's going to tell me off for the photos... but nope he just wanted to help, phew!

So we get to chatting along the lines of Me: no thanks I'm just having a look at this amazing store blah blah studied textiles blah blah amazing blah blah, Him: oh well come this way -we print all our own fabrics in Italy on a blah blah (fancy digi printing machine I didn't quite catch the name of) and many of my own designs are here (spreads out several roles of beautiful digital fabrics and he lets me take non-sneaky photos!), we buy many designs as well (wink wink).

A few roles of fabric and photos later and I'm up at the counter being handed his business card with the offer of an interview for a saturday job in the store! Turns out it was Joel I'd been speaking with the whole time, so am going to work on a few digi designs and see what he thinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment