Thursday, August 19, 2010


Horrockses? Now as much as I like to keep up with fashion styles and trends I'd no clue as to what this word refered to -my mind instantly strayed into halloween costume territory, certainly nowhere near the feminine garment styles of the 1950's. However this became apparent as I wondered through the latest exhibition at Londons Fashion and Textile Museum. The exhibition showcases a brilliant display of garments selected from the fashion manufacturer Horrockses, with floral and simple yet almost tribal like motif patterns placed upon tailored sundresses and gowns made to last. Old style glamour designed to show off the female hour glass figure with cinched in waists, slimline belts and cropped jackets. I would definitely reccommend you go see it if you too love the 40's 50's style!

If I had to choose one of todays modern style icons who perfectly fits within it's realms Zooey Deschanel (whom I've spoken of previously) would be the one. Talented actress, folk singer/songwriter, Zooey never disappoints. She manages to take a fresh outlook on the classic 50's style and make it her own effortlessly. Ahhh the jealousy.

Horrockses fashion images from London Fashion and Textile Museum exhibition August 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment