Saturday, April 10, 2010

So a couple of things today to make up for the time between posts...
First off -how is it I've never heard of 'Sunprints' before! This is an awesome idea and I'm seriously considering ordering me some of the paper! check out these amazing prints by Deirdre Hawthorne -oh so pretty! The paper comes out blue but Deirdre creates digital prints from these hence the colour range in her pieces.

ok so the low down -It's a photographic paper that you place objects on and sit in the sun (for a certain amount of time -my googling hasn't told me just how log yet...) then you rinse with water and vollah! you have a great print!

hmmmm very tempting to purchase but I think I need to explore my gocco before I try anything new again. Must stick to one thing at a time! I get distracted far too easily.


Next up is just a little random thing -my impression of a chicken... a ceramic tile made when I was about 7 or 8??? Actually not entirely sure of this age -I should have taken a photo of the sign but I didn't so we'll just take a wild guess. Any who my sister and I both made one, I rememeber it was during a holiday break and we went to a pottery place and got to play around with these tiles, I had no clue what to draw on mine until I looked around and found chickens wondering around (we were on a farm), my sister drew a book.

I don't think I knew at the time what was happening with these tiles but they ended up in the town centre on a massive mural wall. I walked past it today with my trusty camera and thought hey I should probably take a picture just in case as you never know it may be torn down tomorrow. So there you have it. My first chicken drawing. I'm sure of it.





No comments:

Post a Comment